Our vines have an average age of 40 years old with some older than 60. It allows a moderate yield; roots are deeply implanted in the soil and subsoil of Anjou. This implantation provides typicity of our terroirs in our wines.
The majority of our parcels are planted North/South which offers a maximum sunlight exposure all day long.
Our vineyard is composed of 9.9 ha (24.8 acres) of Chenin blanc, king of grape variety in Anjou, which allows production of dry white wines, sweet wines and sparkling wines, 4 ha (10 acres) of Cabernet Franc. Grolleau, Gamay and Chardonnay complete the vineyard for a total of 15,7ha (39.2 acres).
The estate is certified by the sustainable label HEV (High Environmental Value) range 3. It is a global reflexion of the impact of the estate on the environment to protect biodiversity, our customers and ourselves.
Principles are :
- Promote biological interactions by natural regulation of animals/plants species.
- Allow the autonomy of the estate
Our approaches :
- Hedges planting close to the vineyards to bring biodiversity
- Reduction of mowing
- Optimisation of spraying doses
- Use of sexual confusion instead of insecticide
- Tillage instead of chemical herbicides
- Rain water recycling